A Clear Choice!
Our Invisalign accredited dentists are proud to offer this orthodontic treatment at Cranmore, which can treat a wide range of dental and orthodontic conditions including:
- Overly crowded teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
- Cross bite
- Over bite
- Under bite
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a set of clear plastic aligners, which are worn on the teeth. Over the course of a few months, the aligners gradually begin to shift your teeth into the desired position. Easy to wear, comfortable and virtually invisible, now you can straighten your teeth without anyone noticing.
How does it work?
Unlike traditional orthodontics, there are no wires or brackets involved with Invisalign. Simply slip the aligners onto the teeth and take them out to eat, drink and brush your teeth. You will need to replace your new set of aligners every two weeks. The aligners will gradually move your teeth into their final prescribed position.
The aligners should be worn for at least 22 hours a day for best results.
Invisalign can help you get the great smile you have always wanted because it is:
- Invisible– The Invisalign system is an ‘invisible’ solution because the aligners are transparent and most people will not notice them, meaning that you can confidently smile throughout your treatment as well as after.
- Removable– The Invisalign system can be removed to eat and drink and to be cleaned. This can help you maintain your dental hygiene throughout your treatment.
- Comfortable – Traditional braces can irritate your gums and teeth due to the metal wires and bands whereas the Invisalign system is comfortable to wear avoiding such irritation.
- You can see it working – Invisalign has it’s own computer system which allows you to access your virtual treatment plan, see how your teeth will move over time and see how they will look after treatment.
- Proven – The Invisalign system has been proven in both practice throughout the world and in clinical research.
Are they really invisible?
Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible. They’re unobtrusive and made from lightweight, clear plastic. Even from close quarters, you’d have to tell someone you were wearing aligners before they notice them.
What are the advantages over traditional braces?
The chief advantage over traditional braces is the fact that Invisalign aligners won’t mar the appearance of your smile while they do their work. There are no unsightly metal bands holding them in place which also means that they are much more comfortable to wear.
Unlike standard permanent braces, Invisalign aligners can be removed when called for, i.e. when receiving standard dental treatment. The ease of removal means it is easy to maintain dental hygiene standards whilst wearing the aligners.
Are they for adults only?
You don’t need to be an adult to have aligners fitted, but you do need to have all of your adult teeth.
Can I eat and drink?
Yes. One of the chief advantages of Invisalign aligners is that you can remove them in order to eat or drink. Unlike standard braces, they won’t impinge upon your social or business life.
Do they hurt?
Like any braces, Invisalign aligners exert a slight pressure when they’re first fitted. Unlike conventional braces, they don’t irritate or cause any pain beyond this.
Are there any side effects?
Invisalign aligners may have a slight effect upon your speech when they’re first fitted, causing a slight lisp. Unlike standard braces, however, they can be removed temporarily if you need to make an important business speech, for example.
What to do next?
If you have crooked teeth, but don't want to wear traditional braces, perhaps out of fear or embarrassment of people looking at your 'metal train tracks' – don't worry! There is a new clear solution for straightening your teeth.
Call us today for a no obligation complimentary consultation with ourpatient care coordinator to find out more about Invisalign.
Book a Complimentary Consultation